Halloween is a fun-filled holiday with spooky costumes and scary treats for diet-conscious individuals. Halloween is the second name to sugary treats that turns you into a sugar monster developing a huge belly in the holiday season. Halloween comes once a year, and training yourself to resist sugary treats and renounce temptations is genuinely a task for the brave. However, a more straightforward solution will help you enjoy Halloween and devour sugar-free snacks limitlessly. That’s right such snacks do exist, and there is no magic involved in preparing them. Here is a list of delicious healthy snacks that will make your Halloween experience a memorable one.
Who wouldn’t like a healthy Frankenstein snack for a spooky and adventurous Halloween? Although it looks spooky, the Frankenstein wrap is delicious and a healthy alternative to sugary candies for trick-o-treating. The wrap is packed with proteins, carbs, and other essential nutrients needed for nourishment. So let’s make the Frankenstein wrap.
Ingredients: Cheddar cheese, large spinach wraps, cornichon, cherries, kidney beans, olives, sandwich fillings of your choice, and pickles.
- Fill the sandwich fillings in the spinach wrap, and roll it up like a burrito or spring roll.
- Ensure that there is a flat surface or rectangular face needed to resemble Frankenstein.
- Now, cut the cheddar cheese in a triangle row resembling hair. Additionally, cut the cheddar cheese to make the mouth of Frankenstein’s face.
- Use olives/kidney beans/cornichons for the bolts on either side of the face.
- Cut the olives like donuts and place cherries at the center, which will resemble eyes.
- Use a toothpick to anchor the olives at the lateral sides of the wrap.
Enjoy eating your Halloween snack that is low in calories and a healthy alternative.
Jack-o-lanterns, traditionally carved on Pumpkins, are turned into a snack recipe that is orange-based. The orange is carved with a spooky face, and desirable fruits are filled in as stuffing, making it a healthy, Halloween-worthy snack.
Ingredients: 5-6 Oranges, desirable fruits like Apple, Banana, Grapes, and Cherries.
- Take a knife and cut the top of the orange laterally.
- Ensure to remove the pulp and the orange slices from the top, ensuring a hollow cavity of orange skin is left off.
- Now carve the orange skin with Jack-O-Lantern’s face.
- Now chop desired fruits like apples, bananas, grapes, and cherries into smaller cube shapes.
- Fill the chopped fruits in the orange cavity and close with the fruit’s detached top.
- Your healthy Halloween snack is now ready to serve with the ultimate spooky presentation.
Spider On Eggs
Spider on Eggs is the easiest healthy Halloween snack recipe, and beginner cooks can prepare the snack. Don’t be alarmed as the recipe does not demand actual spiders or arachnids on eggs as it would be the grossest experiment ever. Let’s dive into its recipe.
Ingredients: Eggs as per your needs (half a dozen), olives (10 for half dozen eggs), and a pinch of pepper/salt for taste.
- Take a sauté pan and fill it with water.
- Wash eggs thoroughly and leave them in the water. (Ensure the eggs are not broken)
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes and ensure to put the lid on the sauté pan for steam.
- Remove the cover after the eggs are boiled and slice the eggs into two halves.
- Now, your olives will be cut to resemble spiders on the eggs.
- Cut the olives into two halves where one half will resemble the body of the eggs, and the other half will further be cut into strips to resemble spider legs.
- Now, slowly assemble the olive cuts on the half-cut eggs.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste, and your dish is ready to serve.
Bring on the Halloween vibe with this healthy snack.
It is not impossible to have a sugar-free Halloween provided you have healthy and delicious recipes. One of such recipes includes Banana Popsicles. The Banana popsicles can be presented in the form of Ghosts which goes with the Halloween theme. This is one of those dishes where you don’t need professional culinary arts skills, but the end product is always awe-spiring.
Ingredients: 1-cup of non-fat Vanilla flavored yogurt, 2 tbsp powdered sugar, four large fresh Bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and 16 ice-cream sticks.
- Take bananas and cut the tapered ends.
- Then cut the bananas into two halves laterally. Once, again cut the lateral halves, and the result will be four parts from one banana.
- Now, slowly insert the ice cream stick in each banana and refrigerate it for a minimum half-hour or overnight. Ensure to place the bananas on the baking sheet as the bananas might tend to stick on the plate.
- Once the banana is frozen, prepare the yogurt mixture.
- For the yogurt mixture, mix powdered sugar with 1-cup yogurt. Stir well, and dip the bananas in it.
- For the settlement of the banana on the banana, refrigerate it once again for about an hour or so.
- The base of the popsicle is now ready, and it’s time to dress it.
- Use the chocolate chips as eyes of the Ghost.
- Peanut butter can then be added on top of the popsicle in a crisscross manner. (Ensure that you are not allergic to peanuts.)
- Freeze it before serving.
Wizards Flying Broom Stick
This is one of the easiest recipes requiring the most readily available ingredients for a healthy Halloween snack. The product of the recipe is a witch’s broomstick which is, of course, edible and healthy. Suppose you are a Potter’s head, then this recipe that you should try out. Challenge the muggle inside you to bring magic in this Halloween with the wizard’s broomstick.
Ingredients: Carrots, Cucumber, Celery, and Cheddar Cheese.
- Wash the veggies (Carrot/Cucumber/Celery) thoroughly and cut them into long sticks. Ensure to keep it fat so that it doesn’t break when held laterally.
- Take the cheese and cut the lower part into grooves resembling the broom.
- Now, slowly insert the veggie stick in the cheese.
- Your magical broomstick is now ready.
- Said yeah, it’s the easiest magical recipe.
There are so many other recipes you can try if you are dedicated to having a sugar-free Halloween and enjoying delicious snacks at the same time. It is not impossible to achieve, but a creative mindset will help you create unique and healthy recipes. These recipes will turn your Halloween sugar-free and help you stay healthy and fit. So have a Happy Halloween and sugar-free Halloween!