Cauliflower is an immensely healthy vegetable that supplies our body with a variety of nutrients. Being low in calories, it is high in vitamins and is a good source for weight loss. External toxins such as radiation, foreign particles, viruses, and bacteria can cause an inflammatory response to our body. Cauliflower is an excellent source of antioxidants and keeps the toxic radicals that cause inflammation at bay. Most of us are not very friendly with veggies, particularly kids who make a fuss about eating healthy stuff like these. Below are recipes loved by all. Try including these in your meal plans this week.
Paprika Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted paprika cauliflower is one of the tastiest appetizers, and therefore, this should be a must on your list.
Follow this procedure and master the technique of roasting perfect cauliflowers.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and soak them in salt water for around ten minutes. This soaking is essential to eliminate unwanted creatures such as tiny worms that can sometimes form a habitat within the cauliflower.
- Next, drain out the water, marinate it with some pepper, paprika, chili powder, limes, herbs, and other seasonings as per your taste.
- Coat the baking pan with parchment paper and gently place every piece of cauliflower into the pan.
- Bake the cauliflower at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes and while halfway through, turn the cauliflower the other way.
Now your paprika roasted cauliflower is ready to serve.
Cauliflower White Salad
This salad is creamy and tangy, and it will set your taste buds on fire.
- 2 Tbsp. Of White Vinegar
- 3 White Endives With Leaves Separated
- 4 Oz., Piave Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Oil
- 2 tsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup Plain Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 Finely Grated Garlic Cloves
- Kosher Salt And Black Pepper As Per Taste
- Finely chop the cauliflowers and endives about ¼ inch thick and Blanche it. Make sure not to overcook it, so it is slightly crunchy.
- Once ready, toss the veggies along with the cheese in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar, lemon juice, garlic, zest, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk yogurt and mayonnaise together.
- Mix all the bowls, and your white cauliflower salad is ready to serve.
Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza
Cauliflower pizza is full of nutrients as it is low in carbs and calories but high in veggies.
Cauliflower crust is not very crispy but does hold up to bacon, chicken, mushrooms, or any veggies you want to add. So let’s begin!
- 4 Cups Riced Cauliflower
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 4 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Toppings- Chicken, Bacon, Corn, Mushrooms (As Per Choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet using parchment paper.
- In a processor, grind together riced cauliflower and onion. Let it be crumbly. Avoid making a paste. Add this into a big bowl.
- Next, add eggs, salts, pepper, almond meal and gently mix the mixture. Ensure that the mixture is sticky but can hold together, add 2 tsp water if too dry or add 2 tsp of the almond meal if too wet.
- Now, divide the dough into two halves. Place one on the baking sheet and let the other set in the fridge.
- Use a spatula or your hands to spread the dough into a circle, around 1 inch thick.
- Place it in the oven for around 15 minutes until the edges start to turn brown.
- Prepare the toppings, remove the crust from the oven and add the toppings.
- Place it back into the oven and let it bake for another 10-12 minutes until the toppings cook.
Remove the pizza out of the oven, and it is ready to serve.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
These buffalo wings are hot, crispy, and 100% gluten-free. Try out this recipe and make it your go-to recipe for your next party or event.
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- For The Batter:
- 1 Cup Soy Or Almond Milk
- ½ Cup Gluten-free Flour
- 2 tsp. Onion
- 2 tsp. Ginger-garlic
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper Powder
- For The Buffalo Wing Sauce:
- 130 Ml Water
- 4 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Tomato Puree
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and wash it well in running water.
- In a bowl, mix all the batter ingredients and coat every piece of cauliflower in it.
- Place them into the baking tray with a parchment sheet.
- Bake these florets for about 20 minutes, flip them halfway through.
- For the buffalo sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients in a food processor.
- Remove the baked florets, toss them into the sauce and place them back into the oven.
- Let them bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown.
Buffalo wings are ready to serve
Try out these fantastic recipes and amaze your kids into happily gulping some nutrient-filled veggies.
The bottom line!
Incorporate some of these gluten-free cauliflower recipes into your meal plan. Though it is predicted that gluten is harmful to health, we are in an era where there is an increased awareness of gluten-free diets. These recipes are a great way to add vital nutrients to your diet. Interesting recipes such as those mentioned above can also be quickly cooked at home to better all family members’ health.